CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Western Regionals 2008


May 15th I took off on a Road Trip with the Men's and Women's goalball teams to Colorado Springs (I don't think I am EVER home!) We played Friday, Saturday, and Sunday until noon, then we headed home. The Utah Men took first place! I didn't ref, because they need me to coach more, so I am on a break from reffing for a while. I do enjoy goalbal tournaments more when I don't have to ref the whole time. I actually get some down time! And the kids had fun with me there...they threw me into the pool...with all my clothes on...they tried to stuff a sock in my mouth...a gross dirty one...but that backfired...when I tackled one and stuffed it in his mouth. AND I got them back. I pulled such a good prank on them that it will be tough to out do this one. The kids (well, they are adults...most of them but two are still students of mine, and some...I used to have as students), where being noisy at the hotel, especially when they threw me in the pool, because I was yelling, screaming, biting, kicking, clawing...and they carried me from the upstairs to the downstairs....I wasn't sure what they were going to do with me...so I screamed and fought. Anyway, they also had been noisy in the hall another time so they were warned twice by the hotel staff to be quiet. I had the hotel staff go up to their rooms and tell them all that she had it with them, had called the police, and everyone had 20 minutes to GET OUT! I have never seen them pack that fast! It was funny. Then, I acted all mad that we were kicked out and said now it would cost us more and everyone had to pay more...fun fun fun. Then, finally, I had us all meet by the office to tell her we were sorry...and then she yelled at them a little more and then finally told them they had been PUNKED! It was good....it was better than a movie...but I feel revenge coming on. (Last year, they threw me in the ocean, held me down, and I got stung by a jelly fish...and then they asked if I wanted them to pee on the sting...supposedly pee helps jellyfish stings?....Like I would EVER let a blind man pee on me....a sighted one can't even find the toilet...) I think I should have REVENGE! Anyone have any good pranks to share....what I should do to them?

Come watch Goalball in person June 19, 20, and 21 at American Fork High School. Come on June 21st and watch the Utah Men take first place nationally! Anyone need any volunteer hours for anything???? This is the time to get them!

0 comments: