CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

MARCH ROCK CLIMBING CLUB

Mike and I went rock climbing up Rock Canyon in Provo today with the Utah Climbing Club. I thought that it was going to be really cold and snow, so I wasn't very excited about going climbing today, but I am so glad that I did. It ended up being a beautiful day! The sun came out and it was warm enough that we didn't have to have a jacket on. The rock warmed up so that it wasn’t cold to touch. We climbed on the ACDC wall most of the day. We climbed from 10 a.m. until 5ish....and I was so tired I wanted to just fall asleep right there on the mountain. I can't wait to go back to up there. We didn’t even make it over to the Superbowl because there were so many good climbs down where we were....so let's go back there soon!
Why I LOVE rock climbing:
Being OUTSIDE!
Being with Mike, family, and friends.
It is great exercise (rock climber’s backs are SEXY!!! I’m sure mine is underneath all my blubber.)
It is challenging.
The competition with Mike…we both try to outdo each other….LOVE IT!
Coming home so exhausted that I can't move....literally….although that can also be a drawback….I am rock climbing so much that I don’t keep my house clean….and I get so tired rock climbing….I DON’T CARE! Call us if you want to go….it is fun to share what we LOVE.
Now that the weather is getting warmer, we will probably be going outside at least once a week....so come climb or come hang out with us in the great outdoors.

We got home and tended three CUTE grandkids....who gave us hugs...a nice way to end a perfect day!




2 comments:

Erin said...

I heard Mike is going to do a magic show for lindsay! How fun! I think he needs a top hat and a cape!

Mike & Laynie Engberg said...

I had to make him Magic Pants.....so....I call him...Sponge balls, Magic Pants....